Monday, July 27, 2009

Why do some African-American women prefer fake hair over their real hair?

I'm not talking about braids or a change of pace once in awhile, I'm talking about wearing bone-straight, down-your-back, obviously fake weaves. And wearing them for years instead of taking care of your own hair. I'm black, so I'm not being racist!



Why do some African-American women prefer fake hair over their real hair?

I certainly can't speak as a woman of color, since I'm pastey white, but I suspect it's similar to me coloring my hair and getting spiral perms. To enhance what we feel may make us more beautiful or to conform to what's new in society. I have recently started to peek in on the TYRA show. She has weaves that look so natural, it's gorgeous! and pardon my ignorance about hair textures, etc. My hair is so bone straight and thin, it's hard to grow to any decent length :(



Why do some African-American women prefer fake hair over their real hair?

i think that so many black women have trouble growing their hair that long. for them, it's simpler to buy and wear it that way. so many have it done so it looks nice, but when you wear a weave, you have to really keep it up. if you don't, that's when it looks obviously fake...



Why do some African-American women prefer fake hair over their real hair?

black women have a kind of tradition of changing their hair almost totally like every 2 weeks, accept for the girls that wear braids,the fake hair is different textures lengths and colors, they do it for variety, black women do not restrict themselves to only the hair styles they can achieve with their own hair, also, i think that many black women dont see locks rows and twists as beauty



Why do some African-American women prefer fake hair over their real hair?

i think that it must be easier than spending time doing your hair. Hair seems to be a big thing in african culture.. since their hair is corse it must be easier to just buy hair. it can also look very beautiful if done properly.



Why do some African-American women prefer fake hair over their real hair?

I dont believe tha tthey just like fake hair more, but if as a child your hair wasnt properly taken cre of, as an adult it will not be healthy as it should which results into damaged hair and fake hair becomes appealing.



I also believe it has to also do with black men. They love girls with long hair, it is more appealing to them. Not syaing that they dont like ladies with short hair, but that is always what grabs a mans attention and alot of ladies always want to be appealing to the opposite sex.



Why do some African-American women prefer fake hair over their real hair?

If you'll notice, women of color have exceptionally dry hair and it's not always easy to keep it conditioned and looking nice. Therefore, it's possible the hair breaks off due to the dryness. So the women wear the hair pieces to enhance their appearance. Personally I think it's very becoming for any women to wear a hairpiece regardless of color. If they feel good about it, then go for it. For the record, I am not black, but of American Indian and German descent. This is what I have observed. If I am wrong, then I apologize as I do not want to offend anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment