Saturday, July 25, 2009

Black Women: I still don閳ユ獩 understand閳? I say that it is a form of self-rejection.?

A lot of black women say that they perm their hair because it makes it easier to manage.



I talked to My Queen about it and she had an interesting look at it. 閳ユ窊asier to manage!!!?閳?she said. She told me all of the things that my sisters have to avoid inorder to keep the napps away. She said: 閳ユ窡ook at these sisters. They get their hair done and they can閳ユ獩 go swimming; they run like hell to get out of the rain; don閳ユ獩 even think about riding in a convertible car: They have to stay out of the snow and be careful if you workout. Even the sweet will start to make those Nappies come back.



And poor Brother; the poor brother can閳ユ獩 even run his hands through your hair during moments of閳?



You might get mad at me but I am hoping you can tell me about other things that you can閳ユ獩 do or you have to limit your self in doing because of you perm or press and even you fake hair that is your because you baught it (a.k.a. Hair Weave).



Black Women: I still don閳ユ獩 understand閳? I say that it is a form of self-rejection.?

Ha Ha, this questions cracked me up. Anyway, a Black woman is not an Uncle Tom until she tells ANOTHER Black girl what to do with her hair. If you want it for youself, then that is your business. But Black girls act like Klu Klux Klan members when they advise other girls to perm or press or do anything that hides the kink in their hair. what another girl does with her hair does not effect you. I think it's ridiculous when I see a girl with a perm in her hair criticize the so-called skin bleaching of you-know-who king of pop. Does she realize hair perms and skin bleaching are the same thing and come from the same mindset?



Black Women: I still don閳ユ獩 understand閳? I say that it is a form of self-rejection.?

There isn't anything I CAN'T do with my relaxer in. I sweat 5 times a week (I play football and samba dance). I don't give a damn about rain and snow, unless I'm going somewhere truly important. I love convertibles and feeling the wind through my hair. And my boo STAYS with his fingers in my hair. And as for swimming... I rather have a relaxer because it takes less time to dry it after I get out of the pool or ocean.



But then again, I guess I'm not your typical black chick either. At least thats what I'm always told.



P.S. I am not mixed or have so called "good hair". I get a relaxer ever 5 to 6 weeks. And my hair is a little shorter than my avatar but a similar cut.



Black Women: I still don閳ユ獩 understand閳? I say that it is a form of self-rejection.?

personally, I feel that black women should be able to do whatever they want with their hair....When white women chose to grow out dreadlocks, no one says that they're "trying to be black" or that they are "self-hating". It's only fair that black women be able to make decisions about THEIR hair and not suffer public scrutiny or disapproval.



Black Women: I still don閳ユ獩 understand閳? I say that it is a form of self-rejection.?

In a job interview, would you hire the girl with the dreadlocks, the naps, or the straight hair? Looks are very important in this society and if you look out of the assmiliated norm, you may have a hard time getting by. That is how things have been for decades and it won't change. That coupled together with the slave mentality of "looking white is better" is why black women perm their hair.



Black Women: I still don閳ユ獩 understand閳? I say that it is a form of self-rejection.?

I had a perm from the time I was five until I was 17, then grew it out and cut it off when I was 19. (I'm 22.)



A perm is easier to manage if you don't have the desire to learn how to care for your hair in its natural state.



The "easier to manage" route is one many people I know take. But the funny thing is, they've all had perms since before they even started doing their own hair (ages 5 and 6), so how can they compare it?



It's all about what one is willing to do and how much effort one's willing to put forth.



As for the previous commenter who mentioned professionalism and getting hired, it depends on you.



If you're qualified, there's nothing they can say. I got hired with my afro puff for an internship, and I was asked to stay on full time with my afro puff (by someone different from the person who initially hired me).



Now my experience may be a little different from everyone else's; I live in the DC area, where there are a) many black people (population is hovering around 55 and 63%, depending on the jurisdiction), and b) many black people who wear natural hairstyles.



Maybe I'm lucky, but I agree with the poster and haven't run into any problems -- regarding hair breakage, management, getting hired or otherwise -- because of my unstraightened hair.



Just my $.02



Black Women: I still don閳ユ獩 understand閳? I say that it is a form of self-rejection.?

Dear asker, I'm very sorry to see how you are suffering because of your concern over what black women's hair supposedly puts them through. However i would like to believe that the situation is not that bad for you because while the black "brothers" can't "run their hands through" black women's hair during sex and foreplay you will at least continue to enjoy doing that with your woman. Very satisfying indeed! I am happy to learn of your content and satisfaction with your woman that you are now even extending a thought to your black "brother" to inquire whether he is enjoying life as much as you are i.e. enjoying your woman's hair and whatever comes along with it. Thank you so much for that concern but don't let it go too far because then you might take too much time away from enjoying your woman's hair and whatever comes along with it. Thanks again.



Black Women: I still don閳ユ獩 understand閳? I say that it is a form of self-rejection.?

.



Black Women: I still don閳ユ獩 understand閳? I say that it is a form of self-rejection.?

Everyone set limits on themselves one way or another. Getting a hair do at the salon cost money and every women wants to get her money's worth out on her hair. I have never been like that I do what I want, hair or no hair. I have done it all permed, natural and I attmepted dreds. When it got on my nerves I cut it all off.



I don't think you as a man could understand women and their hair. It would take to long to explain it all. You should be very glad that your Queen is attempting to try.



Sometimes being a women is difficult. Being a women trying to look decent to the world is difficult because everyone has their own degree of beauty. Nappy, straight it really does not matter. You think nappy is beautiful another man would disagree. Your question should be how can you as man show a black women how beautiful they are no matter what their outward appearance is?

No comments:

Post a Comment